Oncology Questions? We have answers!
Did you know that Generation Care specializes in the treatment of cancer patients? We have had the incredible honor of helping many patients in the West Michigan area. While treatment is what most people think about, there is also the recovery process. Restoring function and helping you manage your recovery process is what we specialize in.
As you may know, this month is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Our Breast Cancer patients often come to therapy with multiple questions after undergoing surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy. Our therapists are trained to help answer these questions and to help educate patients.
Have you ever asked any of the following questions?
- I am so fatigued. No matter how much I sleep, I do not feel rested. How can I increase my energy level?
- I am worried about Lymphedema. What are the signs and symptoms, and how do I manage them?
- I had surgery seven years ago, and I can’t lift my arm overhead can therapy help?
- My doctor said that I have cording. What is cording, and how can therapy help with the pain and limited motion in my arm?
- When can I start exercising, and what are the best exercises for me after my mastectomy or reconstruction surgery?
Physical or Occupational Therapy can address all of these questions and concerns. Make an appointment with one of our Oncology Team members and start working towards your goals to improve your mobility, strength, and function. Let us help you get back on your feet! Give us a call at 616.935.3300 to get started! In the meantime, check out our Post Mastectomy Flyer.