Women’s Health & Fitness Day 2019!
National Women’s Health and Fitness Day is the nation’s largest annual health promotion event for women of all ages and is always held on the last Wednesday in September. The 2019 event is set for September 25. This day focuses on the importance of regular physical activity, healthy living and health awareness for women.
If your health has been placed on the back burner and you are looking to get back on track, below are 7 ideas to help celebrate your mind, body, and well-being.
- Find a local event. On National Women’s Health and Fitness Day, many community groups across the nation will be hosting health and fitness related events throughout the day. From exercise demonstrations to health information workshops, there will be something for everyone! Get in touch with your local health and fitness organizations to find out what’s happening in your area.
- Try something new. Are you looking to incorporate something different into your exercise routine? Changing up your workouts can help give you a new perspective on your routine and can be good for your health and fitness as well.
- Schedule a check-up. Has it been a while since you’ve had a physical or any preventative screening? Schedule an appointment with your doctor or nurse to stay on top of any required tests or health concerns.
- Eat and drink for health. Focus on real whole food – lots of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy proteins, and fats. Make a goal of drinking half of your body weight in ounces per day.
- Phone a friend. Call a friend and motivate each other to achieve your health and fitness goals. Studies have shown that working out with a buddy can improve mental well-being, make exercise more fun and even increase weight loss results.
- Pay attention to your mental health. Stop and listen to what your mind and body need each day. Try some relaxing yoga or a 5-minute meditation session to help you be present, relieve stress and refresh yourself.
- Shake up your daily routine. If it is difficult for you to fit workouts into your daily routine, take the stairs instead of the elevator, choose a parking spot further away from the door, try a new healthy recipe, walk or bike to work or go on a walk during your lunch break.
Let National Women’s Health and Fitness Day be a reminder that healthier, happier you is closer than you think. If you are already celebrating your health and wellness on a daily basis, give yourself a pat on the back.