Gender Specific Health Specialties & Therapy
Our Gender Health programs are both for men and women. Our Gender Specialty Team focuses on a variety of gender-specific conditions and treatment areas.
Comprehensive education and programming based on Sara Meeks’ “Stand Tall” and “Walk Tall” physical therapy program. Our patients see improvement in body alignment and improved muscle contraction. The conditions of osteopenia, osteoporosis, back pain and postural problems are occurring in all populations; men, women, young adults, older adults, and children. Some people are more at risk than others; however, no one is totally immune.
Urinary Incontinence Management
With over a decade of experience and proven results, our team uses education, electrical stimulation, home units, and biofeedback as needed to improve incontinence issues for both MEN and WOMEN.
- Intensive manual therapy program using specific myofascial techniques to reduce cording, restore shoulder function, prepare tissue for reconstruction
- Muscle re-education following re-construction
- Programming for CRF (Cancer-Related Fatigue)
- Treatment for pain and loss of arm mobility
- Lymphedema Management
After my mastectomy, I had problems with my skin, swelling, shoulder movement, pain – you name it – it hurt! I can’t believe what a difference seeing a physical therapist made. My whole life is better, and I am back to work, lifting my daughter, and I feel normal again. I just wish I had started sooner. Thank you for helping me see myself as a whole person again…better than ever! ~ Karen G
- Specialists in managing complex conditions such as vaginismus, bladder prolapse, post-surgical complications, sacroiliac dysfunction and more
- Prostatitis and testicular pain
Other non-surgical areas of treatment options
- Interstitial cystitis, pelvic organ prolapsed disorders
- Painful coccyx (tailbone)
- Cesarean and episiotomy pain and tissue-related symptoms, back and pelvic pain during and after pregnancy, high risk pregnancy-related disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome, chronic constipation, bowel and bladder incontinence
Your gender health specialists are amazing! I can’t thank you enough for helping with my urgency problem. My therapist changed my diet and it changed EVERYTHING. I can’t tell you what a difference this has made in my life.