Best Health Occupational Health Program
Every employer wants healthy employees who are the right fit for the job. Our BestHealth programs are for both employers and employees who make our communities strong and productive. We focus on providing consultation and interventions to prevent, assess, manage and return employees to work as quickly as possible.
What I like the most is that you listened to me about what I do at work every day, and you made sure I was ready before I went back to work. Thank you for helping me change my desk set up – such simple changes make a big difference. My boss was so happy to get me back to work a month earlier than we all thought. I hope to not need you again, but if I do, I know where to go!” - Dean R.
BestHealth is an interdisciplinary menu of health and wellness services that focuses on three primary targets related to work health.
Wellness and prevention services in the workplace
- Employee interest and needs assessment: through electronic or paper survey, compile feedback for the corporation that directs the programming most likely for high employee compliance
- Realistic, cost effective, meaningful injury prevention programs such as carpal tunnel relief, stress management, low back and cervical problem prevention, etc.
- Ergonomic and work site assessments by a certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialist
- Composite summaries for employer
Pre-employment physicals and testing, options for job-specific work readiness assessments
- Pre-employment physicals
- Lab assessments – basic health parameters, such as CBC, key cancer markers, urinalysis, HIV screens, cholesterol testing, etc.
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE’s) to match job descriptions
- For highly physical, manually demanding jobs, additional agility and plyometric testing can be done through SportsMetrics testing
- Screening for the top Employee Health Issues such as: hypertension, obesity, diabetes, arthritis, spine-related disorders and more
- One-on-one review of results with client; copies to personal physician
- Composite information provided to employee – HIPAA compliant
Rapid, effective, return to work rehabilitation program
- Intense, affordable, evidence-based rehabilitation – physical and occupational therapy
- Case management – collaboration with HR or other company representatives, including 30 day, 90 day, and 6 month data tracking
- Functional Capacity Evaluations – objective, defensible data to support return to work
- Work Hardening – intensive, progressive, job specific training as needed
- Prevention – cumulative trauma education and prevention strategies to avoid re-injury
If you are interested in learning more about how we can serve you or your needs on or off the work site, please contact Holly, Occupational Health Team leader, at (231) 737-4374 or (616) 935-3300. We can create a customized plan specific to your needs.
We see our on-site wellness and physical therapy clinic growing to meet the needs of our workers, right where we need the care the most.” - D.B. Knoll, Inc.
Before starting Inspire180 I had severe bilateral knee pain and was told I was bone on bone. I was probably no longer than a year out from having total knee surgeries. After Inspire180, I am able to function with only occasional discomfort, and anticipate that surgery is now several years out!
All great people involved from Generation Care. Always felt like I was the only one they were concerned for. The learning experience alone was worth the money. I have my youthful confidence back. It was ample time to get me into a routine… a lifestyle change… to allow me to do this on my own. I feel that I was more that adequately prepared to continue doing this program at home.