Community and Special Events
Generation Care LOVES the communities we serve!
Our goal is to leave a POSITIVE footprint wherever we go…help shape our communities, and keeping West Michigan moving!
Our lastest involvement is with the Muskegon initiative of “1 in 21” wellness efforts – with the goal of achieving a health ranking of No. 1 by 2021. Generation Care is involved in both the business sector of this project as well as the health care committee. Holly serves as the CME coordinator, with the responsibility of bringing quality education to the physicians and health care providers. Medical education is planned for Fall of 2015.
Our Pedaling for Parkinson’s event for 2015 (P4P) is scheduled for Sunday, June 7th at 1 pm at Heritage Landing in Muskegon – we want to see you there!. This will be our 5th year of this fun event, and we are hoping for beautiful weather this year! . This non-competitive and untimed bike ride along Muskegon Lake will award all proceeds to the Michigan Parkinsons Foundation for Parkinson’s research. Contact Amanda Porter at (616) 847-5293 (NOCH Rehab Office) with any questions, registration info or your support!
Parkinson’s Power Support Group (PPSG)! Everyone is welcome at the PPSG, held on the first Wednesday of every month at 10 am at the Norton Shores Library Community Room on Seminole road in Muskegon. Great speakers, education, and support from people who really understand. Hope to see you there!
- Cancer Survivorship day at our Grand Haven site
- Community Connection day – for pediatric clients and their families! Stay tuned for May 16th 3rd Annual Event!
- GR Gymnastics annual coverage
- Soup for Suits day
- Habitat for Humanity
- Muskegon Health Fair
- Grand Rapids Pee Wee Griffins hockey team coverage
- Senior Day during Coast Guard Festival
- Sportsmetrics with Grand Haven Girls Lacrosse Team
- Mona Shores Hockey Pre-Season Screenings
- Santa Bucks Stores in Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Older Adult Workforce Development – National Conference
- Central Michigan University: Aquatic Training
- Grand Valley State University: Wellness and Physical Therapy Workshop
- Great Lakes Seminars: Home Care National Conference
- Pediatric Community Presentations
- BikeFit & Running Clinics
- Pediatric Group Therapy Sessions
- MySWING golf enhancement