Grand Rapids Performance Center
Generation Care has expanded to meet the needs of the Grand Rapids community. Generation Care Performance Center is growing! We succeed in treating special populations: medically complex and chronic pain, therapeutic pain science, CRPS, post-concussion, dance therapy expertise, Parkinson’s LSVT BIG, and athletes of all sports. We have special equipment to challenge any individual. Come see our Dynamic Elevated Movement Studio (DEMS) and how it will be incorporated into your therapy for maximal outcomes! Our goal is to feature specialty programs for the community that are currently lacking in the health care market today, giving patients what they need in the right place at the right time.
- Dancers‘ four most commonly injured body regions during “intensive” are ankle, pelvis/hip, knee and lumbar spine at a 2:1 ratio to pre-intensive injuries.
- 17-45% of people experience chronic pain (pain lasting > 3 months)
- Athletes who have sustained a concussion are 2 times more likely to have a lower body injury in the next 12 months
- 35-37% of people will experience lower back pain every month
- Nearly 20% of golfers will sustain a golf-related injury each year
- 34% of people experience neck pain every year
- Patients with Parkinson’s Disease that have completed LSVT BIG treatment maintain improvements 2 years after the program
We treat athletes of all ages here at GCPC. We recently treated a Hockey Player that sustained a syndesmotic ankle fracture with fibular fracture: Many return to sports protocols have the athlete starting back to sport exercises at 2-3 months. Houston Methodist Orthopedics and Sports Medicine back to sport guidelines state “A careful progression to running and other impact activities begins a minimum of 12 weeks after surgery.” GCPC had this client back to full sport by 12 weeks! How did we do it? Hard work by the patient; great communication with surgeon, coach, and parents; progressive non-ankle weight bearing exercises, manual therapy to maximize mobility and range of motion; and appropriate joint load tolerance. It can be done!!!
Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday: 9AM – 7:00 PM
Tuesday, Thursday: 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Or by appointment outside of these hours.
- Baseline concussion testing and Post-Concussions – 7 point post-concussion treatment program
- Acute and Chronic Orthopedic Treatment
- Post-Surgical Recovery
- Therapeutic Pain Science (TPS)
- Neurological Diagnoses
- Spine Care
- Mobilization and manipulation of joints, soft tissue, and the nervous system
- McKenzie therapy technique
- Medical Conditions such as cancer recovery
- Sports-Specific Training
- MyLEAP: a dance specific exercise program
- Pointe Evaluations for dancers
- Hand Specialty Services
- Vestibular Rehabilitation: Dizziness and Balance Therapy
- Return-to-work programs; work hardening and conditioning
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Parkinson’s Programs for Life: LSVT BIG and skilled therapy
- Inspire180® Medical Fitness Program
- Wellness Services
- Wellness Coaching
- Sports Nutrition Specialist
- Personal/Group physical training
- Physical Therapy for all ages
4095 Park East Court SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Phone: (616) 259-4028 Fax: (616) 259-4032
Conveniently located off East Paris between Cascade and Burton St. Turn at Chemical bank, just south of Lake Dr and you’ll find us at the end of the cul-de-sac with a silver/gray roof.
Call for an evaluation today!
We are proud to provide specialty services to participants at: