Great news! Effective January 1st, 2015, a potential client of physical therapy services may directly seek these services without a physician order due to new health care laws in Michigan. OF COURSE, we always communicate with your physician, whether you stopped there first or not! And yes, of course, we continue to encourage physician orders for therapy! If you plan to utilize medical insurance coverage for therapy or a wide variety of programs at Generation Care, just let us know! Some require physician signatures, some don’t; we check ALL of that information for you before you even get started.
Where you go for therapy services is YOUR CHOICE. ALWAYS. Most patients don’t realize that a referral to therapy by their physician means they can see whomever they choose.
Let your doctor know that YOU CHOOSE Generation Care for your care. We work with ALL of the local physicians as well as doctors from University of Michigan, Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, and anyone out of state.
Once a referral is made to Generation Care, either by you or your physician, we will immediately set your initial evaluation appointment at a convenient time for you. If transportation is an issue, we can help assemble resources for you.
- If your appointment is the next day, you can either complete the pre-registration materials electronically, by downloading them (see Evaluation Forms) and bringing them to your first appointment – OR – come 15 minutes prior to your appointment to complete your forms.
- Bring any relevant information – surgical/test reports, physician prescriptions, etc – anything that you feel would be helpful to your therapist.
- If your referral is specific to aquatic therapy, you will have a “land” evaluation first. We will tell you everything to bring for your future aquatic appointments.
- Bring your insurance cards and drivers license.
- If you would like reports sent to additional professionals other than your physician, please bring names, phone and fax numbers of case managers, etc.
- Wear comfortable clothing relevant to your condition. For example, if you have a knee injury, either wear clothes that will allow us to view and touch your leg or bring shorts.
Your first appointment will be approximately one hour, which will include an evaluation and the beginning to your treatment. We’ll be forming a plan of care that works for you then we will schedule additional appointments as needed.
If your care includes home exercises or other instructions, you will receive a folder for ongoing use and gathering of materials – you will always know where everything is! Be sure to bring it with you to your follow-up appointments.
We look forward to seeing you soon!