Becoming a Client
First and foremost, where you go for therapy services is ALWAYS YOUR CHOICE. Most patients don’t realize that a referral to therapy means they can see whoever they choose.
Let your doctor know you want to come to Generation Care for your care. We work with ALL of the local physicians as well as doctors from University of Michigan, Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, and anyone out of state.
Once a referral is made to Generation Care, either by you or your physician, we will immediately set your initial appointment at a convenient time for you. If transportation is an issue, we can help assemble resources for you.
- If your appointment is the next day, you can either complete the pre-registration materials by downloading them (see Pre-Register) and bringing them to your first appointment. Or come 10-15 minutes prior to your appointment to complete your rehabilitation history form.
- Bring any relevant information – surgical reports, physician prescriptions, etc. – anything that you feel would be helpful to your therapist.
- If your referral is specific to aquatic therapy, you will likely have a land evaluation first.
- Bring your insurance card(s), identifaction card, physican’s script, if one was given to you, and list of medications you are currently taking.
- If you would like reports sent to additional people other than your physician, please bring names and addresses of case managers, etc.
- Wear comfortable clothing relevant to your condition. For example, if you have a knee injury, either wear clothes that will allow us to view and touch your leg or bring shorts.
Your first appointment will include an evaluation and the beginning to your treatment. We’ll be forming a plan of care that works for you and scheduling additional appointments as needed.
If your care includes home exercises or other instructions, you will receive a folder for ongoing use and gathering of materials, so you always know where everything is!
If you are interested in learning whether Generation Care may help you with your health or wellness, there are several access options:
Option #1: Call and schedule an appointment with one of our therapists. If you would like to utilize your health benefits and your insurance carrier requires a physicians order we will contact them for you. We also have affordable self pay rates if you do not want to involve your insurance carrier.
Option #2: Contact your physician for a referral. If your physician is aware of your problem, you may simply need to ask for a referral to us. Your physician may wish to see you personally prior to determining whether he or she feels a therapy referral is appropriate. Should he or she have any questions about what we can do for you, feel free to encourage your physician to contact us and talk to us personally.
Option #3: Make an appointment with your physician. We are happy to provide any materials that may help explain our services to you or your physician – just call and ask us! See our contact information by location.